Oregon Veterans Motorcycle Association
February 10, 2018
Call to Order at 1300
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence for fallen comrades, POW/MIA’s, Prayer from Royce
Officer Roll Call:
President – Robie Vandiver
Vice President – Bill Jones
Treasurer – Neil Wilson
Secretary – Susan Moretz
Sgt. At Arms – John Ferguson
State Road Capt – Tim Wilson, Absent
Quartermaster – Position Vacant
Introduce new members and guests: None
Approval of January 2018 minutes: Motion from Al, seconded by Royce, minutes approved.
Financial Report provided by Neil.
Secretary – Remind everyone Quartermaster position is vacant.
Sgt at Arms – John is selling 50/50 tickets.
State Road Cpt – Absent
Quartermaster – position is vacant; please see one of the State Officers if you are interested.
Kalapuya – Absent
Wind Riders –
Royce reported they have 2 new members; Poker Run scheduled for May 19,
working out details with a committee.
HDE – Jim Windorf reported they are working on the Mother’s Day Run. Chapter meeting next week.
At Large – Walt & Nelda Allegar have several items for sale: his trike, 2 small trailers that can be pulled with a motorcycle ($300 obo each), men and women’s leathers. Call 503-831-0294 for information.
- Article I currently reads as follows:
2. Veterans who wish to become a member must attend a State or Chapter meeting, fill out a membership application, present (1) a copy of their DD Form 214 demonstrating an other than dishonorable discharge or (2) a current military ID card and pay the annual dues. The State/Chapter President or his/her designated officer will review documents to verify eligibility.
Article I would be changed to read as follows:
2. Veterans who wish to become a member must attend a State or Chapter meeting, fill out a membership application, present (1) a copy of their DD Form 214 demonstrating an other than dishonorable discharge and pay the annual dues. Active members of the armed forces who wish to become members follow the same guidelines as above and will need to show a current military ID card in place of a DD Form 214. They are exempt from paying annual dues. The State/Chapter President or his/her designated officer will review documents to verify eligibility.
VOTING ON THE ARTICLE CHANGE WILL OCCUR AT MARCH STATE MEETING.
- At January State Meeting, a discussion to help the Central Oregon Vet Ranch pay off their mortgage. Since that discussion, the Ranch has received financial assistance. Bill Vaughn had made a motion in January, motion is still on the floor although Bill is absent this month. Neil suggested we send the ranch $200, discussion was held and agreed to send the money.
- OVMA Anniversary Dinner – Saturday, April 21, VFW Redmond at 491 SW Veterans Way; 1600 State Meeting, 1700 Social Hour (drinks), 1800 Dinner and Raffle. Chapters, please bring 2 or 3 raffle items. Dinner: choice of Prime Rib or Chicken; Cost: $23 per person for non-OVMA members; Neil will contact Chapter Treasurers regarding dinners.
- HDE Chapter Meeting will be April 21, breakfast at 0830, meeting at 0900. Location: Northside Bar & Grill, 82860 Boyd Acres Rd., Bend. If you are in the area for the anniversary dinner, please feel free to join HDE for their monthly meeting.
- OVMA received a letter from JROTC North Salem High School Viking Battalion, thanking us for the donation last year and requesting another donation to help support their travel expenses for competitions. Royce made a motion that we send them $200, Robie seconded, motion passed.
- OVMA received a thank you letter for our donation last year to the South Willamette Valley Honor Flight. Royce made a motion that we send $200 to them this year, Bob seconded, motion passed.
Good of the Order:
- If a member has an item for sale, let Susan know and it will be put in our monthly minutes. Please provide a name and phone number for contact.
50/50 drawing – the winner was Royce Longfellow of $40; he donated half back to OVMA State Treasurer, the other half went to VFW kitchen help for tips.
Meeting adjourned at 1340.
Next State Meeting will be March 10th at the Albany VFW; lunch for purchase at 12 noon; meeting begins at 1300.
Items for Sale: Men’s and women’s leathers for sale, call Walt & Nelda Allegar, 503-831-0294.
Oregon Stand Downs for 2018, scheduled to date:
March 16, Grants Pass
Contacts: Amanda Doemland, 541-826-2111, ext. 3994; or,
Brooklyn Gartman, 541-826-2111, ext. 3990
August 17, North Bend
Contacts: Jason Dado, 541-670-9109; or,
Berta Balli, 541-613-5802
Minutes submitted by Susan Moretz, State Secretary.