Oregon Veterans Motorcycle Association
January 13, 2018
Call to Order at 1300
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence for fallen comrades, POW/MIA’s
Officer Roll Call:
President – Robie Vandiver
Vice President – Bill Jones
Treasurer – Neil Wilson
Secretary – Susan Moretz
Sgt. At Arms – John Ferguson
State Road Capt – Tim Wilson, Excused
Quartermaster – Position Vacant
Introduce new members and guests: Penny; Aaron Lovik and Dan Christensen, both Army Reserve.
Approval of November 2017 minutes: Royce made a motion, Bill V. seconded.
Financial Report provided by Neil.
President – Robie has freezer beef that he is willing to provide to chapters for a BBQ and Appreciation Day. Robie would like to set up rides to both The Dalles and Lebanon vet homes for visits this summer.
Treasurer – Neil did not send checks to the two vet homes (per Nov. meeting). In lieu of the money, Neil will send postage stamps to Wind Riders and HDE to deliver to vet homes.
Secretary – Susan took the duties of secretary.
Sgt at Arms – John is selling 50/50 tickets.
State Road Cpt –
Quartermaster – position is vacant; please see one of the state officers if you are interested.
Kalapuya – They have two new members; they made a trip to the Roseburg VA Hospital, visit residents and took personal items for them. The chapter is going strong; looking for better weather for more riding. Bikes & Blues, tickets available soon, it’s getting bigger and better every year, will be July 20-22 (OVMA may arrive on Thursday afternoon).
Wind Riders – They participated in the Toys for Tots Run in December; two new members; in November they made a trip to The Dalles Vet Home, some members from HDE joined them, they delivered personal items for residents, visited with the residents, they felt very welcome.
HDE – Ray Rose is the new Secretary for HDE. The position of State Quartermaster needs to be filled.
At Large – Walt & Nelda Allegar have several items for sale: his trike, 2 small trailers that can be pulled with a motorcycle ($300 obo each), men and women’s leathers. Call 503-831-0294 for information.
- Bill Vaughn is the new Kalapuya Chapter President.
- A motion was made by Bill Vaughn, seconded by Royce, motion passed that Bill Jones is the new State Vice President.
- Central Oregon Vet Ranch wants to pay off their mortgage within 30 days; pay off balance is $400,000; they need help. Bill V. made a motion, Leonard seconded the motion to send $1,000 to the vet ranch.
- Wind Riders would like to do a Poker Run in the spring, Royce asked how to go about putting this together. John C. provided information; Royce was asked to contact Neil or Robie for paperwork needed.
- OVMA Anniversary Dinner – will be held in April, date and location to be determined. Chapters need to provide raffle items. If anyone has items they would like to raffle, please bring them.
- At the last state meeting a motion was made to amend Article I of the bylaws to state that active members of the armed forces who wish to become members do not pay annual dues.
Article I currently reads as follows:
2. Veterans who wish to become a member must attend a State or Chapter meeting, fill out a membership application, present (1) a copy of their DD Form 214 demonstrating an other than dishonorable discharge or (2) a current military ID card and pay the annual dues. The State/Chapter President or his/her designated officer will review documents to verify eligibility.
Article I would be changed to read as follows:
2. Veterans who wish to become a member must attend a State or Chapter meeting, fill out a membership application, present (1) a copy of their DD Form 214 demonstrating an other than dishonorable discharge and pay the annual dues. Active members of the armed forces who wish to become members follow the same guidelines as above and will need to show a current military ID card in place of a DD Form 214. They are exempt from paying annual dues. The State/Chapter President or his/her designated officer will review documents to verify eligibility.
We will discuss the changes at the next state meeting.
Good of the Order:
- If a member has an item for sale, let Susan know and it will be put in our monthly minutes. Please provide a name and phone number for contact.
50/50 drawing – the winner was John Ferguson and he donated the entire amount of $127 to the kitchen help.
Meeting adjourned at 1355.
Minutes submitted by Susan Moretz, State Secretary.